How it works
WHAT MAKES VNG AND LOGOREP DIFFERENT?
Relief agencies assist refugees with acute needs, and also work with local officials. However, their efforts often bypass local institutions, which can undermine their legitimacy in the eyes of local citizens. Local governments are often overlooked – especially when the international community creates parallel, temporary structures that bypass their position.
That leads to short-term actions. But once these structures disappear, little remains behind – as the ownership is not transferred to the beneficiaries. This leads to continued dependency. Therefore, the connection with these institutions is an important factor in the VNG International and LOGOReP approach.
"I WANTED TO THANK ALL THE EXPERTS FOR SHOWING US THE IMPORTANCE OF METICULOUS PLANNING. IT IS ALSO A PERSONAL TAKE HOME MESSAGE FOR ME.
DR. HASSAN AYOUBMAYOR OF MANARAH
01. Relief agencies present their sorting plan.
02. They execute their plan with the beneficiaries.
03. Relief agencies leave without exit strategy.
04. Back to the starting point as if nothing happened.
05. Dutch municipal experts exchange with their counterparts abroad.
06. Hands-on advice and support: ownership of the plan is ensured.
07. The approach is holistic: socio-economic with a technical bedrock.
08. Dutch municipal experts leave. Sustainability has been ensured.
LOGOReP is based on peer-to-peer actions, with Dutch experts working together with their local colleagues in Jordan and Leban. By working on-site, they can create solutions that work – and last. This is hands-on support, on a municipal level. So the project meets local needs, and is carried on into the future by local experts who understand their community and the needs of the people they serve.Find out more about our projects